At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Define the function, roles and responsibilities of the Emergency Control
- Discuss human behaviour in emergencies including (1) delay in Evacuation, (2) refusal to leave, (3) way finding in an emergency, and (4) who people look to for guidance in an emergency
- Types of human Behaviour in an Emergency
- How a Warden should react to different types of behaviour in an emergency
- The likelihood of Panic in an emergency
- How to reduce the occurrence of panic
- Post-Incident Activities
Lectures and guided discussion supported by light show presentation, including movies.
A suitable room for up to twenty people to include: access to mains power, table and chairs, a blank wall for projecting onto with Light-Pro (If not available Adair will provide a screen), Light-Pro projector and Laptop.
Although hand-outs are provided for this training session Trainees are encouraged to bring notepad and pen for any notes they may like add. If Wardens have their Emergency Procedure Manuals they may also wish to bring this along for further information.