At the end of the session, participants should be able to:
- Explain how to size up whether or not to attempt first attack fire fighting
- Demonstrate an ability to select the correct extinguisher or other first attack fire fighting equipment for a particular type of fire.
- Demonstrate an ability to safely operate fire extinguishers and other first attack fire fighting equipment.
- Outline the basic principle of operation of fire protection equipment installed in the building (eg: sprinklers, smoke detectors, etc.)
- Demonstrate an ability to use fire-fighting equipment and other methods to safely contain a larger fire until the arrival of the Fire Brigade (eg: closing fire doors etc.)
Lecture and guided discussion supported by lightshow presentation, including movies. Followed by demonstration and practice in use of equipment.
A suitable room for up to twenty people to include: access to mains power, table and chairs, a blank wall for projecting onto (If not available Adair will provide a screen and projector at a cost), Laptop (Adair will provide).
A safe area for the practical demonstration of extinguishers (Must be outside or in a well ventilated location away from fire detection/sprinkler systems) out of the traffic flow or able to be blocked off.
We have included the supply and refilling of fire extinguishers and the supply of a gas fire demonstrator, fuel and fire blankets for training.